- Written by Super User
2017/2018 Short Course Meet Schedule:
June 6 6:00 pm @ Columbiana Aquatics (K of C West, Springfield)
June 9 6:00 pm @ Petersburg
June 10 9:00 am @ Taylorville
June 17 9:00 am @ Colony West (Springfield - Just east of White Oaks Mall)
June 19 6:00 pm @ Panther Creek (Springfield)
June 22 6:00 pm @ Taylorville
June 25 6:00 pm @ Columbiana Aquatics (K of C West, Springfield)
June 29 6:00 pm @ Montgomery County (Litchfield)
July 5 6:00 pm @ Panther Creek (Springfield)
July 8 9:00 am @ Montgomery County (Litchfield)
July 10 6:00 pm @ Colony West (Springfield - Just east of White Oaks Mall)
July 11 6:00 pm @ Petersburg
July 16 12:00 pm Mid-State Conference Championship Meet
FALL/WINTER SHORT COURSE SWIM MEETS
January 7-9 DSC Seth Dunscomb New Year's Opener
OCTOBER 3-4 BNSC-BLOOMINGTON
OCTOBER 17-18 OTTER PLUNGE-OLYMPIA
OCTOBER 23-25 PAWW SPOOKTACULAR-PEORIA
NOVEMBER 6-8 HEAT ERIN BLOCK -CHAMPAIGN
NOVEMBER 20-22 SPEEDO CLASSIC-SPRINGFIELD
DECEMBER 4-6 BNSC HOLIDAY MEET-BLOOMINGTON
JANUARY 1-3 SETH DUNSCOMB- DECATUR
JANUARY 15-17 HEAT MID WINTER-CHAMPAIGN
FEBRUARY 5-7 JAGUAR AQUATICS INVITATIONAL-INDIANA
What to Bring
1. Most important: Swim Suit and Swim Cap--and goggles.
2. Towels-Realize your swimmer will be there awhile, so pack at least two.
3. Something to sit on. Example: sleeping bag, old blanket, or anything that will be comfortable to sit on. The swimmers will be spending a lot of time on it.
4. Sweat suits: bring one. Each swimmer may want to bring two because they can get wet and soggy.
5. T-shirts: Two or three. Same reason as above.
6. Games: travel games, coloring books, books, anything to pass the time.
7. Food: Each swimmer is usually allowed to bring a small cooler. It is better to bring snacks. They usually have concessions at the meet. Suggestions for items to bring: Drinks: Water or sports drinks; but not energy drinks.
Snacks: Granola bars, protein bars, yogurt, dry cereal, jello cubes, sandwiches, fruit, veggies, cheese sticks, peanut butter, frozen grapes, nuts.